Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
North Block, New Delhi, the 18th February, 2015
Subject:-MODIFIED ASSURED CAREER PROGRESSION SCHEME FOR THE CENTRAL
GOVERNMENT CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES-instructions regarding,
This Department on the recommendation of Sixth Central Pay Commission in Para
6.1.15 of its report and in supersession of previous Assured Career Progression Scheme, vide
O.M. No. 35034/3/2008-Estt.(D) dated 19.05.2009 introduced the Modified Assured Career
Progression Scheme (MACPS) for the Central Government Civilian Employees which is
operational w.e.f. 01.09.2008. MACP Scheme envisages the three financial upgradations at
intervals of 10, 20 and 30 years of continuous regular service to all regularly appointed Group
“A”, “B”, and “C” Central Government Civilian Employees.
2. As per para 6 of DOPT’s O.M. No. 35034/3/2008-Estt.(D) dated 19.05.2009, the
Screening Committee would follow a time-schedule and meet twice in a financial year –
preferably in the first week of January and first week of July of a year for advance processing of
the cases maturing in that half. Accordingly, cases maturing during the first-half (April-
September) of a particular financial year would be taken up for consideration by the Screening
Committee meeting in the first week of January. Similarly, the Screening Committee meeting in
the first week of July of any financial year would process the cases that would be maturing
during the second-half (October-March) of the same financial year.
3. It has come to notice of this Department that the benefits of MACPS are not being
granted as per the schedule/provisions in the MACP Scheme leading to dissatisfaction and
grievances among the employees. Therefore, Ministrie/Departments are advised to ensure strict
compliance to the time limits indicated in MACPS for grant of benefits under this scheme as and
when the employees become eligible for such benefits.
Tele. No. 23092479
a m • J If ti • • • in u_ • 1 _J t IIY •
1. President’s Secretariat, New Delhi.
2. Vice President’s Secretariat, New Delhi.
3. Prime Minister’s Office, New Delhi.
4. Cabinet Secretariat, New Delhi.
5. Rajya Sabha Secretariat, New Delhi.
6. Lok Sabha Secretariat, New Delhi.
7. Comptroller and Audit General of India, New Delhi.
8. The Secretary, Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi.
9. The Staff Selection Commission, New Delhi.
10. All attached/subordinate offices of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and
11. Establishment (D) Section, DOP&T (10 Copies).
12. NIC, DOPT for updating on website.